Happy Wednesday folks !! Instead of the regular What I Ate Wednesday meals, I have a very popular recipes from Nothern India its Palak Paneer. Linking up this post to Jenn.
Soft paneer cubes are simmered in smooth, vibrant green, medium spicy Spinach gravy.
This recipe does not require much dry spice powders and so, gravy stays bright green in color. I have added paneer cubes as such. But if you want you can shallow fry in little oil till it gets very light brown.
- Onions - thinly chopped - 1
- Tomatoes - 2 (thinly chopped)
- Spinach - 2-3 cups
- Paneer - cut into cubes - 1½ cups.
- Green chillies - 2
- Chilli powder - ½ tsp
- Garam Masala - 1 tsp
- Corriander Powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric - ¼ tsp
- Heavy cream - 2 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste.
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Heat a pan with oil, then add cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds splutter add the chopped onions and fry till they turn translucent.
- Once the onions are fried, add the spices turmeric, chilli powder, corriander powder and garam masala.
- Next add the tomatoes and fry them.
- Mean while heat a pan add the chopped spinach and green chillies and cook till the spinach is wilted and cooked through. Let it cool for few mins and then grind it to a paste.
- Once the tomatoes are cooked, add the spinach puree and adjust salt.
- Finally add the cubed paneer and mix well. Add some heavy cream, stir it and serve hot with roti/rice.
Note: You can replace paneer either with Tofu or Potato.
I’m linking up with Katie today, check it!