Ever since I have been trying to eat clean, I have been trying to find different ways to use avocado. I use it instead of cheese on burrito bowls, sandwiches or eat as it is. I was thinking some time ago, how about pairing my two favorite ingredients chocolate and avocado.
The combination was so tasty and powerful too. I saw this amazing recipe which is super tasty and easy and I knew that I should make it.
I love brownies, and I know I am not alone in saying these are my favorite chocolate indulgence. So instead of feeling guilty, just savor these healthy delicious lip smacking brownies.
- avocado - 1
- eggs - 3
- whole wheat flour - 1 cup
- cocoa powder - ½ cup
- hot water - ⅓ cup
- vanilla extract - 1 tbsp
- Vanilla yogurt - ¾ cup
- Stevia - ¼ cup ( or can use unbleached pure cane sugar)
- Honey - ¼ cup
- Dark chocolate chips - ¼ cup
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a medium bowl combine the eggs, avocado and yogurt.
- Mix them using a hand mixer for about 2 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract, stevia(or sugar). Mix until all is combined.
- Now put the cocoa powder in a smaller bowl. Add the hot water to the cocar powder and mix it well. The consistency should be like icing.
- Add the cocoa powder/water mixture to the avocado mixture. Mix well.
- Add the honey and the whole wheat flour to the avocado mixture. Mix it until it’s completely combined.
- Grease a 8 x 8 inch baking dish and add the batter to it. Spread the batter out evenly.
- Sprinkle the dark chocolate chips on top. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes. Once baked, place the pan in the freezer or the fridge for another 30 minutes to cool. Serve.
Notes : Make sure that you have ripe avocados, otherwise you’ll end up with avocado chunks in your brownies. Also, scoop the avocado out of the peel before you dice it.