Do you want a healthy and clean eating version of banana bread. Then look no further, this is the best recipe for it and did I tell you its kid approved too. My daughter loved it when I gave her for breakfast.
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- Pinch of salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, flax-seed, cocoa and salt.
- In a large bowl, with a hand mixer, beat bananas until smooth. Add egg whites and beat until combined. Gradually mix in applesauce, honey and canola oil.
- Mix dry ingredients into banana mixture; stir in chocolate chips
- Mist a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Pour batter into pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until browned on top.