I have couple of cauliflower recipes on the blog. Growing up Cauliflower was one of my favorite vegetables. My mom used to prepare lip smacking dishes using this vegetable. It was out of the world especially on those chilly nights with hot rotis.
Recipe Courtesy : Sailu’s Blog
Cauliflower – soak florets in salted hot water for 15 mts
Fresh green peas – 1/3 cup ( or frozen will do)
Onion – 1, large, finely chopped
Tomatoes – 1, medium, finely chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1/2 tsp
Green Chillies – 2/3 ( depending upon the spice level)
Yogurt – 1/4 cup, beaten
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Red Chili powder -1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
Kasuri Methi – 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil – 2 1/2 tbsps
Make a paste:
Poppy seeds – 1 tsp (dry roast for 4 mts)
Cashew nuts – 1/4 cup
- Heat a tbsp of oil in pan, add the cauliflower and saute on medium flame for 9 to 10 mts. Remove and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil and saute the finely chopped onions for few mins until they are translucent. Next add ginger garlic paste, green chillies and saute for a minute. Then add the turmeric powder, red chilli powder, corriander powder, cumin powder , salt and give it a good stir.
- Grind the roasted poppy seeds and cashewnuts to a paste adding little water.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and saute for few minutes till the oil separates. . Now goes the cauliflower and green peas and mix well. Cook for few minutes with lid.
- Add the beaten yogurt and keep mixing till the oil separates. Add the ground paste along with a cup of water and bring to a boil. Reduce flame and place lid and cook for 18-20 mts.
- Add garam masala and mix. Turn off the flame and serve hot either with rotis or any rice of your choice.