I have been away from the blogging world for couple of days. Blame it on the laziness. I have a great recipe/snack to share with you all, Skinny Baked Jalapeno Poppers. I made these for the Super Bowl party last weekend( no discussion about the game 🙁 ) and it was a hit. I remember my husband craving about these and he needed me to make these asap.
Sorry for the crappy pictures, as these were taken by iPhone amid-st the game chaos.
- 12 jalapeño peppers, sliced in half lengthwise
- 4.5 oz light cream cheese
- 2 oz shredded low-fat mozzarella
- 2 eggs beaten
- ½ cup panko crumbs
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2-3 garlic pods finely chopped
- salt to taste
- olive oil spray
- Preheat Oven to 350F. Cut the peppers in lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Combine cream cheese, finely chopped garlic, mozzarella cheese, salt in a bowl.
- Combine panko bread crumbs, chili powder, salt, pepper in another bowl.
- Fill the peppers with the cream cheese filling with a spoon.
- Dip peppers in the egg and then dip them in the panko mixture.
- Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray. Line the peppers on the sheet and spray some more olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, until golden
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Do try this and let me know your views. These are perfect for any party.