This is by far the easiest dish I have prepared. The whole dish is ready in 20 mins. Its great for pot-luck or get together dinners/ lunches.
I’ve used baby corn in the dish, as this versatile vegetable is extremely low in carbohydrates. Instead of the baby corn, you can even use mushrooms or low fat paneer or tofu.
Recipe below Serves 4
2 canned Baby Corns sliced in to 2 length wise ( can use fresh baby corn – approx 200gms)
2 green chilli – sliced (can increase the number of chilli depending up on the spice levels)
1 1/2 tsp finely chopped ginger
1 1/2 tsp finely chopped garlic
1 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp tomato chilli sauce
1 tsp cornflour
few green and red bell peppers
1 tsp of oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the soya sauce, tomato-chilli sauce and cornflour with 2 tablespoons of water in a bowl. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in non-stick pan, add the baby corn and saute over a high flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the green chilli, ginger and garlic and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cornflour and sauce mixture. Mix well over a high flame till the sauce coats the baby corn evenly.
- Serve hot either with fried rice or any rice.