These muffins recipe is shared to me by my cousin, Bindu. I hope you try this out and let me know how it tasted.
Here goes the recipe.
Recipe: Makes 12 muffins. (Adapted from the recipe on the target brand market pantry raisin Bran cereal box).
Flour (I have used a mix of All purpose and whole wheat) – 2 cups
Brown sugar (firmly packed) – 3/4 cup
Baking powder – 1 tbsp
Cinnamon – 1 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Milk – 1 cup
Oil – 1/2 cup
Egg white – 1
Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
Raisin Bran cereal (Any brand) – 1 cup
Mashed Ripe banana – 1/2 cup
Semi sweet Choco chips – few spoonfuls
1. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Stir in the wet ingredients into above and mix until its incorporated well.
3. Add raisin bran cereal, ripe banana, chopped almonds and mix well.
4. Preheat oven to 400 F and line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
5. Scoop the mixture into the pan and sprinkle the chocolate chips.
6. Bake for 20-22 mins until golden brown.