I had everything on had and decided to bake it asap. I used 2 bananas instead of the original number and also skipped the glaze for healthier version. My daughter loves these and so its kid-approved too. These can be eaten as breakfast muffins or as an afternoon snack
Ripe Medium Bananas – 2 (mashed)
Unsweetened Apple Sauce – 1/4 cup
All purpose flour – 11/4 cup
Unsweetened cocoa powder – 1/4 cup
Baking soda – 3/4 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Butter – 2 tbsp softened
Sugar – 1/3 cup
Egg Whites – 2
Vanilla Extract – 1/2 tsp
Chocolate Chips – 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line a muffin tin with 12 liners.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add egg whites, bananas, apple sauce, vanilla, and beat at medium speed until thick. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to bananas, then blend at low speed until combined; do not over mix. Fold in chocolate chips and pour batter into muffin tins.
- Bake on the center rack for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.