It’s Monday morning, the boring day of the week . The weekend in Denver was cold, really the temperatures were below 0. We spent Saturday at home, doing the regular chores vacuuming, laundry, ironing, watching movies. I watched Silver Linings Playbook and boy oh boy Jennifer Lawrence deserved that Oscar. Her performance was the best and Bradley Cooper was fine too. I was surprised when I saw Anupam Kher in the movie as a therapist. Overall a fine movie for Saturday Afternoon to watch. Sunday morning we went to attend a birthday party of our friend’s daughter whose name is also Smrithi . My daughter was confused the whole time and I needed to tell her that birthday girl and she share the same name. Evening I prepared dinner and also prepped all the veggies needed for the Weekly Meal Plan.
So here is my meal plan for this week.
Monday: Leftovers for Lunch , Tofu with Spinach and Roti for Dinner
Tuesday: Beans with Curry powder and broken wheat for Lunch, Bhindi Masala (Okra Masala), Roti for Dinner
Wednesday: Bittergourd Sambhar(Pitla) and broken wheat for Lunch, Cabbage Carrot Curry, Roti for Dinner
Thursday: Green Papaya Curry,Broken Wheat for Lunch, Idli , Chutney for Dinner
Friday: Mixed Vegetable Rice for Lunch, Cauliflower Curry, Roti for Dinner
Saturday: Chayote Kootu, Broken Wheat for Lunch, Pasta for Dinnner
Sunday: Arbi Fry, Tomato Dal, Rice for Lunch, Leftovers for Dinner.
Coming to March Fitness Goals I was halfway through my goal of losing 5 pounds. While going through the Healthy Living Blog weekly email I came across the blog Fitness & Feta. Athena is the blogger behind this blog and she is a fitness instructor. She created the 30 Day April Arms Challenge. Anyone who wishes to join this challenge, need to register by emailing Athena. It’s free of cost. Here are few things in the words of Athena
- So you know what to do! I will be creating a shared Google document where participants can “check in” and use each other to stay motivated. I will also be providing the specifics of each week’s workouts on the Google Document instead of in the blog itself. I got some feedback that people would prefer a printable version and that they didn’t like having to refer back to the Sunday posts and scroll through to find the moves each week. I’m going to trial Google Docs instead, so if you don’t email me to sign up, you won’t be added to the document, and you won’t have the specifics on what to do!
- I have some awesome companies donating some pretty awesome prizes this time around. A huge thank you to Chobani and Larabar for partnering with me for this, it’s so exciting! I am also still waiting to hear back from a few other companies as well, so stay tuned. I will be drawing winners the first week of May based on anyone that signs up via email AND checks off at least 20/30 days of the challenge in the Google Doc.
- For my own stats. I want to track how many people are actually taking advantage of these challenges (it’s time-consuming for me, so I need to make sure it’s worth it!)
Here are some other important things to note:
- This is open to anybody! Anyone can participate in this challenge, from beginners to the more advanced exerciser. Even if you are on the fence about it, sign up! It’s free, so you really have nothing to lose.
- This challenge is NOT meant to replace a regular training plan. You will not see total body results or weight loss without regular cardio, total body strength, and flexibility training. This challenge is about finding small ways to include extra upper body conditioning into your day and your regular fitness schedule. Most days, these exercises will take you 15 minutes or less, somet days just 5. It’s really about learning new exercises that you can incorporate into your regular fitness routine and challenging yourself to pushing just a little bit harder than you normally would.
- Make the schedule work for you! If you need to switch days around, go for it. It’s totally flexible.
I have registered for this challenge starting from April 1st. For the rest of March I am thinking to do Level 1 of 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels and some Zumba in between.
Do you prepare weekly meal plans too??
Have any one of you tried any challenge such as the above?