I was searching for some vegetarian version of Enchiladas and found it on Anjali’s Blog. This is one of the healthiest version of Enchilada and its vegetarian. So here goes the recipe.
- 1 15oz can Enchilada sauce
- 1 15oz Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1 cup 2% Mexican Blend Cheese
- 1 15oz Refried Beans
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp corriander powder
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a non-stick skillet sauté bell peppers on medium heat. Add taco seasoning, corriander powder. Cook for 10-15 minutes until the peppers are heated through.
- Heat the 1can enchilada sauce, fire roasted diced tomatoes, cayenne pepper in a large pot.
- Heat up refried black beans over medium heat and add taco seasoning to taste. Warm corn tortillas in the microwave (wrap in a paper towel, heat for 40-60 seconds until warmed through).
- Now for assembly, In a large casserole dish, begin creating the enchiladas: Take a corn tortilla, spread refried black beans down the middle, top with veggie mixture, top with 1-2 Tbsp cheese, roll.
- Once all the enchiladas are rolled up in the dish, top with the enchilada sauce and the remaining cheese
- Bake, covered with foil at 350 degrees for 10-12 min. Remove foil, heat for another 7-9 min or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Do you too love Mexican Cuisine? What are your favorite recipes??