Yield : Makes 12 Muffins
4 (1 1/2 to 2 pounds) ripe bananas
1 cup packed light-brown sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1 large egg
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan, regular or mini, with paper liners.
- Peel four bananas, and place them in the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat until mashed, about 1 minute.
- Add brown sugar, oil, and egg; beat until smooth. Reduce speed to low. Add flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; beat until smooth.
- Add sour cream and vanilla; beat until combined.
- Fill muffin liners three-quarters full. Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 25 minutes for regular muffins, rotating pan halfway through.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool. Store, covered, at room temperature.