White Sugar – 3/4 cup
Light Brown Sugar – 3/4 cup
Eggs – 2
Vanilla Extract – 1 1/2 teaspoons
All Purpose Flour – 2 1/4 cups
Baking Soda – 1 teaspoon
Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
Semi sweet chocolate chips – 1 1/2 cups
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 degrees C) with rack in center of oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl beat the butter until smooth and creamy. Add the white and brown sugars and beat until fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, making sure to beat well after each addition. Add the vanilla and beat until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and beat until incorporated, adding the chocolate chips and nuts ( if using) about half way through mixing. If you find the dough very soft, cover and refrigerate until firm. ( from 30 minutes to 2 hrs).
- Use a cookie scoop (can also use 2 tablespoons ) and drop the dough on to the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake about 10-14 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Cool completely on wire rack.