Its been a long time almost 4 months I have blogged about any thing here. Blame it on the laziness and to top that I haven’t been preparing anything special to post. A few bananas have been lying and yesterday when I have checked them they are almost ripe. A few weeks back had this awesome banana walnut bread at a friends place. So I too decided to prepare one with those ripe bananas. Recipe is adapted from here.
- 3 ripe bananas smashed
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup walnuts toasted
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease the loaf pan (4×8 inch)
- First start with the dry ingredients flour, baking soda, salt, mix them well and keep aside.
- Next the wet ingredients. To a big mixing bowl add melted butter, sugar and mix well until the sugar melts. Then add egg, vanilla, milk, walnuts, mashed bananas. Mix everything.
- Then add the dry ingredients in batches.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and bake for 60-65 minutes. ( Mine was done in 65 minutes).
- Let it cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Remove and cool on a rack .
- Remove from pan and slice to serve.