All purpose flour / maida – 2cups
Brown sugar/ White sugar – 1 1/2 cup
Butter / Vegetable oil – 1/2 cup
Eggs – 3
Cocoa powder (unsweetened) – 1/2 cup
Water – 1 1/4 cup
Baking soda – 1 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
For Chocolate Frosting
Semi-sweet Chocolate chips – 1/4 cup ( can use baking chocolate)
Butter – 1 tsp
Icing sugar – 1 tsp
Milk – 1-2 tsps
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 13×7 inch pan.
- Sift all the dry ingredients ( all purpose flour, salt, baking soda, cocoa powder).
- Beat the eggs until fluffy and slowly add sugar. Now add oil/butter, water, vanilla extract and beat for few minutes.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix well until there are no lumps.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and bake for about 35 mins. Remain the cake in the pan for few more minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Take a microwave safe bowl and add the chocolate chips. To this add butter and microwave high for 30 secs until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Add the icing sugar and mix well. If the frosting it too thick then add milk.
- Once the cake cools down, pour the frosting over the cake and level it well with a spatula.
- Decorate with any fruit of your choice and serve.