It’s one of those days where there are hardly any veggies left in the refrigerator to cook and top of it I am out of any ideas to prepare an interesting dish. When I opened the refrigerator there I found whole bunch of cauliflower lying and not been touched for the past few days. I am not in the mood of preparing the regular Aloo Gobi or Gobi masala. So when I searched for some new ideas, found this recipe which is a combo of Gobi masala and chapathi.
For the filling
Cauliflower – 1 cup minced
Onion – ½ cup chopped
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Cumin / jeera – 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 2 tsp
Salt – to taste
1. First prepare the dough according to one’s own measurements.
2. Next heat a pan with the oil. Once oil is heat add the cumin.
3. When the cumin starts to splutter add the minced onion and fry till golden brown.
4 Next add the ginger garlic paste, garam masala and the chilli powder. Mix well with salt for a few seconds.
5. Then add the cauliflower, sprinkle some water and cook covered on sim for about 10-12 mins. The cauliflower should be cooked well by now.
6. Let the filling to cool for couple of mins. Meanwhile take small lemon size dough and roll it out.
7. Take a spoonful of filling and stuff in the middle of the roti. Now close the dough and roll it out. Some of the filling oozes out but it’s fine. (This happens to me every time I make Paratha).
8. Meanwhile heat pan and once its hot place the Paratha and cook it until both the sides are golden brown.
9. Serve hot parathas either with curd or some pickle.